Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Aftertouch?

Share your wishes for the future of QuNeo
hazardman

Re: Aftertouch?

Postby hazardman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:40 pm

TheSupport@KMI wrote: This is not entirely correct. The default presets do not have channel pressure or polyphonic aftertouch enabled, but the QuNexus certainly can send them.
i own a QuNeo ;)

my apologies for any confusion as both products have the same abbreviations...
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Actually, I should probably be the one apologizing. For some reason I was thinking this was a QuNexus thread! The names are a little too similar for me I suppose. Gets tough when you're constantly going back and forth between the words QuNeo and QuNexus all day. Sorry about that!

Yeah, your comments are totally valid for the QuNeo.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
machine_

Postby machine_ » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:20 am

TheSupport@KMI wrote:Well, Live does receive Channel Pressure (one CC-like message for all pads/keys) — that's what Push does. But yes, Live doesn't want you using Polyphonic Aftertouch at all.
whoops, yeah i ment polyphonic aftertouch by note aftertouch.
Jackenite

Postby Jackenite » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:39 pm

+1 polyphonic aftertouch
+1 channel pressure
dijidave

Postby dijidave » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi All,
nearly a year now since I requested Aftertouch,
any sign on the horizon?????,
Regards,
Dave
hazardman

Postby hazardman » Wed May 21, 2014 1:04 pm

@ dijidave,

see this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1268

which stated
9. Already requested. Likely not happening.
so, sadly ,we'll most likely never have it -- may be a hardware limitation? :(
elmquist

Postby elmquist » Fri May 23, 2014 11:09 am

hazardman wrote:so, sadly ,we'll most likely never have it -- may be a hardware limitation? :(
I doubt its a hardware limitation as the unit is already sending out pressure data. More likely its a device code space, company resource or product design philosophy issue.
hazardman

Postby hazardman » Sat May 24, 2014 6:25 pm

i've been thinking more about the aftertouch implementation and believe there would have to be some sort of pressure threshold after you strikes the pad before it kicks in as well...

i've done my own experiments by monitoring midi and noticed that when i strike a pad, varying amounts of pressure data is being transmitted eventhough it feels like i'm not adding any while simply holding the pad to keep the note active...so i would guess we would need to capture the initial pressure data (ipd) when the pad is struck and reject any new pressure data that is not greater than ipd + x before passing the pressure data thru....

also the pressure data would have to be relative to that initial velocity strike too... so, if the velocity was 100 (thus the initial pressure data would also be 100) any new pressure data would have to consider 100 as zero...i can only see this working if the pads can actually receive 254+ levels of pressure (if the pad is struck at a velocity of 127, then the initial pressure that needs to be reject would be 127 so any pressure above 127 would need to be considered)...on a keyboard, i believe there are separate sensors to capture velocity and aftertouch independently so i'm not sure if the pads can measure these separately....anyway, sounds like programming logic i can't fully work out so i'll leave it to the developers ;)..

interesting to note that maschine and beatstep have the same pressure implementation as the quneo and those manufacturers haven't made aftertouch available either -- just "current touch" pressure...this is why i think it may be a hardware limitation but none of the three (NI, Arturia and KMI) have acknowledge to me if aftertouch is possible or not in the current hardware release...
dijidave

Postby dijidave » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:20 pm

So...........still no Aftertouch :(
sanimirza

Postby sanimirza » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:30 am

Hi there,

i just bought my QuNeo today and are working on a personal traktor mapping. When using some knob features (like filter) i'd love to see QuNeo sending a value when i release the slider as setting filter back to value 64 isn't that easy.
So sending a specified value on slider release would be a great optional feature for me.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Our Actual Exams and Testking microsoft courses gre exam provide you 100% pass guarantee. You can get access to and exams. Our Testking istqb study material is also very useful tool. scuhs.edu for its easiness.

Return to “QuNeo Feature Wishlist”