Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Editor-configuring of sending sysex with midi expander

Share your wishes for the future of QuNeo
mdma

Editor-configuring of sending sysex with midi expander

Postby mdma » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:40 am

Hello everyone!
I bought quneo with the idea in mind
to control parameters in roland mc-909 which are only accessible with sysex messages.(not cc)

my first look into the editor shows that,
there is no such functionality of configuration given..

is there some posibillity/workaround to archive this in any way at this time/ in some future?

an example the bitstream 3x software:
http://www.waveidea.com/en/products/bit ... x/soft.php

that would be awesome for controlling hardware synth with quneo and midi expander...
only for cc and noteon/off degrades this super-controller more to use with softsynth related tech, i think.

greetings
TheSupport@KMI

Re: Editor-configuring of sending sysex with midi expander

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:58 pm

You can always use Bome's MIDI Translator to convert any MIDI into any other kind of MIDI (including SysEx). A computer will have to be involved though — not sure if you want that or not.

I doubt we'll put in the ability to output customizable sysex messages from any of our controllers. Not that it's impossible and absolutely won't happen — just highly doubt it.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
mdma

Postby mdma » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:32 am

Hello!
thankyou for workaround(miditranslator).

i also think that the majority of quneo-users arent needing/wouldnt program sysex-messages for their setups at the time and it would be only a costly(developing) candy for a bunch of people maybe.

But on the other hand an idealized thought of building the connection between old hardware with quNEO(new-aera-midi-device) through midi-expander(for me totally useless without sysex), would make it really powerfull/interesting for many years to use.

so being optimysticly i wont give up the hope, that one day the editor has this update

greetingz
Dhokahai1

Postby Dhokahai1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:31 am

Another thing I thought of is that the left/right arrows could each be used to transpose a different row of pads.???

Return to “QuNeo Feature Wishlist”