Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Editor - Visual Monitor and/or Live Midi Output

Share your wishes for the future of QuNeo
rad3d

Editor - Visual Monitor and/or Live Midi Output

Postby rad3d » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:06 am

Would like to see the following in the editor:

- Visual monitor of midi output coming from the pads. Would be nice to evaluate the actual pressure and x/y data from pads.
- Live output to a virtual midi port from within the editor to actually test output without having to disconnect QuNeo from the editor.

Would also love to see an iPad editor, though something tells me that's not easily doable. I moved completely to iOS a year ago, and hate to lug a laptop around just to make simple changes to my controllers. Any possibility of adding sysex commands so an editor can be created in iOS apps like TB Midi Stuff?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Editor - Visual Monitor and/or Live Midi Output

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:23 am

rad3d wrote: Any possibility of adding sysex commands so an editor can be created in iOS apps like TB Midi Stuff?
Huh? Not really sure what you mean by that.

All the other things could easily be solved if Windows would update their MIDI drivers. It's not our fault that Windows machines won't let a class compliant device connect to more than one application.

I'll add those things to the feature request list, and we will discuss them when the next update rolls around.
rad3d

Postby rad3d » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:44 am

Huh? Not really sure what you mean by that.
Many other midi hardware devices use system exclusive (sysex) calls to allow for parameter editing/saving from outside apps - or for use with 3rd party midi editors, such as 'TB Midi Stuff' http://www.thiburce.com/TBStuff/?page_id=664, found on both PC and iOS platforms. Just wondering if this was a potential consideration, as it would allow iOS only users to set up some sort of basic editing without having to have a PC.
All the other things could easily be solved if Windows would update their MIDI drivers. It's not our fault that Windows machines won't let a class compliant device connect to more than one application.
I had forgotten that was the case. So, can you do these things on a Mac? If so, I wasn't aware.
I'll add those things to the feature request list, and we will discuss them when the next update rolls around.
Thanks. Next week, right? ;)
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:12 am

The preset structure on the QuNeo isn't exactly simple, so setting up sysex (I'm aware of what sysex is, just wasn't sure how it applied in this particular case) messages for editing would be quite the undertaking

Mac has multi client MIDI drivers, so you can hook your QuNeo up to 17 apps at once if you wanted.

The update may drop tomorrow actually ;)
jscott

Postby jscott » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:59 pm

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:The update may drop tomorrow actually ;)
FWIW, this statement was one year and ten days ago.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:28 am

It was also pretty heavily tongue in cheek.
We currently do not have a QuNeo update in the works.

Return to “QuNeo Feature Wishlist”