Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

LED midi clips shooter MaxforLive thingie

Show off your QuNeo tricks here
manysounds

LED midi clips shooter MaxforLive thingie

Postby manysounds » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Hey hey, I was happy to discover the (slightly awkward) online .mid file export tool thing for making LED patterns for the Quneo BUT I was unhappy to realize that in Ableton I wouldn't be able to play more than one at a time unless I put MIDI clips on separate tracks and/or combined them manually or something something.

I was feeling like the possibilities for expression were limited so I made this MaxForLive device which allows you to drag-n-drop .mid files onto a keyboard and then fire them off with MIDI note messages. So this way you could have C2 fire off the MIDI sequence that makes a bursting star on the Quneo drum pads and use D2 to fire off the MIDI sequence that makes lines go back and forth on the pads -at the same time :D

Of course there's lots of possibillites beyond using it for Quneo LED clips, beat machine being obvious but also for talking to QLC+ light control and VIZZable stuff... Wooooo more options!

Anyway, here it is:

Another Max For Live MIDI instrument! This is v1.1 of the more advanced .mid file shooter I wrote specifically to fire off MIDI clips to make patterns with the LEDs on my Quneo but it will make an excellent beat machine and... well let's say it will be very useful!
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/2018
TheSupport@KMI

Re: LED midi clips shooter MaxforLive thingie

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Awesome! We love it when users create cool projects around our gear! (not meant to imply this is only useful for QuNeo)

You might want to consider submitting this to the KMI projects page: http://www.keithmcmillen.com/projects We'd really like more users to submit projects.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
manysounds

Postby manysounds » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks! Current version on maxforlive.com is the same as the one bundled here, btw.

enjoy
CyX SenZe

Postby CyX SenZe » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Thank you! Just got my Quneo and trying to explore as many options as possible with it. Just wanted to share my appreciation for your work :)

Return to “QuNeo Tips and Tricks”