Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Toggle Mode

Show off your QuNeo tricks here
infinitesinewave

Toggle Mode

Postby infinitesinewave » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Hey guys... so I'm trying to do something really simple. I'm trying to get one of the buttons on the Quneo to turn an instrument on and off in Ableton 9. In the editor, I turned the "pressure" to "off" and the mode to "toggle" and the Vel/cc output to "var" on the top and "127" on the bottom. However, when I try it out in Ableton, and I midi map the button to the on/off switch of the instrument, I have to push the button twice in order for me to turn off the instrument. Then I have to push the button twice again in order to turn it on.

How do I make it so that I only push the button once to turn the instrument on and off. It may be a simple question but I cannot seem to figure it out.

BTW: Please vote for my track on beatport. It's currently #3 in the voting for the Wonder Child remix contest out of +500 entries. Here is the link...
http://play.beatport.com/contests/dank- ... 46f9f1bf89

8S
CyX SenZe

Re: Toggle Mode

Postby CyX SenZe » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:57 pm

I noticed this too. I would try to work it out to be in normal mode rather than toggle. The toggle function does the same for me in Traktor and I used normal instead to get the single button press.
infinitesinewave

Postby infinitesinewave » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:12 pm

I actually figured it out. If you are going to use toggle... in order to turn things on and off and make use of the led information to keep you posted... Here's what you have to do...

Go to the button... set it to toggle... range 126-127 (That way there are only two values)... Get rid of all outgoing midi data except for "Pressure". That should do it. It worked for me.

Now it's really nice... The led stay lit when I turn an instrument on with just one push. Another push of the button, LED goes off, instrument goes off too.

8S
www.soundcloud.com/infinitesinewave
www.youtube.com/infinitesinewave
CyX SenZe

Postby CyX SenZe » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:06 pm

beautiful!! bigupz bro! you're the man :P
colekg

Postby colekg » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:25 am

Hey there,

I am having the same issue with the toggle mode and having to tap a pad multiple times to turn instrument on and off as well as having have the LEDs turn on and off. When you say "range 126-127" what do you mean? Are you talking about the VEL/CC output tabs in the Quneo editor or are you talking about something within live. If you could walk me through this that would be so greatly awesome. I'd like to use the toggle mode as you described not just for turning instruments on and off, but for plating and stopping clips too!

Thanks a bunch for help!
infinitesinewave

Postby infinitesinewave » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:26 pm

It's within the Quneo Editor. That's where you can set the range. There's only one place per button where you can set the range for each one. Also... remember to set the button to "pressure" in the Quneo Editor as well. This will just work for turning instruments on and off. However... with clips... it will not work to turn the clips on and off because within Ableton, the "stop" button is in a different location than the clip launch button. That means that when you midi assign that button to the clip... the button will act as a clip launch. When you push the button again, it will just clip launch the same location, not stop the clip. You can assign another button to turn off the clip. I'm not sure how to accomplish what you want to do by using the same button to launch a clip and then stopping it as well. However, the instrument "on/off" button is in the same location in Ableton. That makes it possible to turn the instrument on and off with this mode... and also receive led feedback on the Quneo to let you know what instrument is on and off. (That's the best part) 8S
http://www.soundcloud.com/infinitesinewave
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:06 am

By the way, you can set the launch mode of a clip to toggle in Live, stop/start a clip with one button.
It's in the 'Launch' section of the clip inspector. If you don't see it, hit the 'L' button in the lower left.

Something else to note when mapping things in Live: Live ignores Note Offs (notes with a velocity of zero) when mapping to things like device on/off buttons. That's why when using the default toggle behavior, it takes two presses to turn on/off a device. If you send it two note on's (the 126/127 workaround described), youwill get the desired behavior.

Return to “QuNeo Tips and Tricks”