Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

QuNeo with AudioMulch?

Show off your QuNeo tricks here
vegannoise

QuNeo with AudioMulch?

Postby vegannoise » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:26 am

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has used the QuNeo with AudioMulch, and if so, how they set up the parameters. I just got the QuNeo, and so far I've only been able to get a few of the pads or sliders to be recognized, and they primarily only work as toggles (even though in the QuNeo Controller, I have them set to Normal function).

The biggest problem that I can see is that I can't find anyplace in the Mulch MIDI Parameters to set anything but the Port, Channel and CC#.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but with the QuNeo, you need to be able to assign the Direction, Location and Note info too, right? I don't use MIDI for much, so I'm no expert, and like I said, I just got the QuNeo, but after reading all the documentation, I'm still stuck.

Thanks for any help!

UPDATE: I just discovered the CoMA Mode. Haven't had the opportunity to try it, but it sounds like that should take care of the issue. Don't know how I overlooked that...
Jonah

Re: QuNeo with AudioMulch?

Postby Jonah » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 am

There's a fair amount of interesting things you can try mapping it to. Switching contraption presets, controlling the metasurface (you can use a pad's XY, but you can use try things like mapping one slider to x and another to y), matrix mixer.

Also be sure to play around with the smoothing option in AM it can be very cool. It converts a momentary message into a lag control.

You can use AM's quick mapping, but it'll pick up velocity first and you have to change it to 14 bit control and remember what note # it picked up because AM sets it back to 0.

Return to “QuNeo Tips and Tricks”