Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

More Tricks

Show off your QuNeo tricks here
infinitesinewave

More Tricks

Postby infinitesinewave » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Alright... I just finished another vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzkjXOUpy2Q

In this one, I record the parts as I build the song. The light show is less elaborate because I had to practice a lot to nail the performance. I use the Quneo in conjunction with the APC40 but on hindsight... I should have used some of the faders on the Quneo instead of the knobs. It could have provided a better performance. Great little machine this Quneo. Let me know if you have any questions about how to accomplish anything you see.
jrussell

Re: More Tricks

Postby jrussell » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:53 pm

That is so very cool! Controlerist videos tend to be quite boring beyond interest in what is being done, yours are true performance art!
infinitesinewave

Postby infinitesinewave » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks man... I appreciate the feedback. I'm working on producing new music right now. I just finished a dubstep track and I'm considering doing another Quneo vid for it. I also have a couple of live shows coming up. I've been real busy lately. www.facebook.com/infinitesinewave <-- Hit me with a "like"... best way to see my current work. Just posted a bunch of pics of my show in Argentina.
jscott

Postby jscott » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Wowza! Missed this before, glad it bumped up. Totally inspirational, learned a lot, and cool music too.

Thanks for showing the way man. Also, very thoughtful of you to share your process in your notes on those pieces.
infinitesinewave

Postby infinitesinewave » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:06 am

Thanks!... I'm really excited about my next vid... I've got three cameras (2 webcams) and another one posted... with the 4 Quneos, upright on an eisle... with a light mask... light gloves... live vocals. The works. KMI will be happy. If you check out their Quneo promo page, they've got me in there. I haven't done a video recently to prepare for live shows. Now I'm ready & I did a few good shows @ the end of the summer. I asked them for a Rogue but they didn't send me one so I couldn't go to the audience and perform out there.

I just did a test run and got everything working for my vid. I just need one more xlr cable for vocals. Now it's a matter of getting everything set up... hoping I didn't forget anything... making sure everything is being recorded (5 clicks I believe), hoping there are no glitches, and nailing a 30 minute set with my best energy live. If I don't, I'll try it again until I feel it. A "nervous" energy hits me when I hit "record." The feeling that it "matters" sometimes trumps the performance when I'm alone, especially when I'm recording vocals. That's when I wish I had an engineer. In order to solve this, I practice until it's second nature. With a 30 minute set however, it's going to be different. There is no practicing until it's second nature because I'm choosing songs on the fly, improvising notes on the fly, singing on the fly. Nothing is planned... just "road mapped."

As far as my process with the notes... I'm all about improvisation. I just improvise. Sometimes I feel it... sometimes I don't. I try to stay out of my head space. I always feel the music I write in my head space is crap. I have to connect to whatever I'm playing. I try to forget everything I've learned & keep everything that gives me goose bumps. I don't know if people will like it... and in all honesty... I'm not "big"... but I know I didn't cheat myself & to me, that's the most important thing.

I also study song structures. For example, in my last "electro house" & "dubstep" song (both hard hitting), http://www.soundcloud.com/infinitesinewave, I first break down the structure of the music. Where are the builds? the drops? etc? of my favorite track. It's hard for me to be able to just "feel" the structure when I'm working on the computer because I hear what I'm writing so much and my ear gets saturated and tired. I ramble.
demcanulty

Postby demcanulty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Cool! Looking forward to the video, and the discussion about your composition strategies is really neat. Rogue is still not quite ready. We got our first real samples of finished cases this week, and are still waiting for the final rev. boards to come in so we can test and evaluate them. Good luck with the shooting!
infinitesinewave

Postby infinitesinewave » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Who is this guy spamming this topic? It's messed up.
jrussell

Postby jrussell » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Actually the whole forum is being spamflodded.. Hopefully someone at KMI will catch on..

Return to “QuNeo Tips and Tricks”