Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

iPad Presets

a place to share your QuNeo Scenes and Presets
biggcess

iPad Presets

Postby biggcess » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:36 am

Hello,

Just started using my QuNeo and the capabilities are amazing.

Just wanted to know if there is a preset mapping for the NI Traktor DJ iPad app or Aloriddim DJay iPad app.

I know there is a preset for both with the factory settings, but I'm not sure whether they are for the desktop version or the iPad.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: iPad Presets

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:49 am

They are for the desktop versions. I'm not sure how analogous the two versions are, so you may be stuck with creating your own template/preset for the iOS apps. We currently don't have any factory presets that were created specifically for iOS apps
biggcess

Postby biggcess » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:25 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.
gmslayton

Postby gmslayton » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:24 am

Would it be possible to simulate a Launchpad to control the Launchpad iOS app?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:43 am

You'd just have to figure out what MIDI notes the app is looking for, and then edit a preset to send those notes. Check this out:

http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/si ... erence.pdf

That gives you all the notes that the launchpad puts out.
biggcess

Postby biggcess » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:33 am

Is there a way to change the LED Local control for BeatMaker 2 for the iPad.

Channel Preset 1 has it acting weird. Because of the notes attached to the green and red LED's, pads will light up all over the place.

Not a major thing, but really irritating.

Is there a channel I can choose that will stop this from happening??
Dead Mah-Zie

Postby Dead Mah-Zie » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi guys! Can anyone help me to connect QuNeo and Korg Gadget app? I can't find how to assign QuNeos pads to Gadgets Pads. Is there any tutorial or manual for this kind of task?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:22 am

Refer to the Korg Gadget manual, http://www.korg.com/us/support/download ... /170/2363/
If the app supports MIDI mapping, do it that way.
If you need to send specific notes/CCs you'll need to use the desktop Editor to set your QuNeo up to send the appropriate MIDI commands.
We don't have a tutorial for this. If we wrote tutorials for integration with every iOS app we wouldn't have any time to make MIDI controllers ;)
Dead Mah-Zie

Postby Dead Mah-Zie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:43 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:Refer to the Korg Gadget manual, http://www.korg.com/us/support/download ... /170/2363/
If the app supports MIDI mapping, do it that way.
If you need to send specific notes/CCs you'll need to use the desktop Editor to set your QuNeo up to send the appropriate MIDI commands.
We don't have a tutorial for this. If we wrote tutorials for integration with every iOS app we wouldn't have any time to make MIDI controllers ;)
Thank you for response. But there's no description of midi notes or commands in this manual. I've meant is there any way to find out which midi note or midi command is assigned to drum pad in different apps? Because different apps use different notes and commands.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:07 am

That's the manual for the software you're asking about. That's what the company that makes the software wants it's users to know.

Of course there is a way to get the information. Contacting the company who actually makes the software you are trying to control would be a good place to start.
Generally drum pads begin listeing to a C, like note number 36, 48 or 60and count up from there. You could also just do some trial and error.

Different apps do use different MIDI notes, and the people that made those apps would have more information about that than I would.

Return to “QuNeo Preset Sharing Forum”