which usb hub for quneo+qunexus+ipad mini?

tMt

which usb hub for quneo+qunexus+ipad mini?

Postby tMt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:49 am

After a search on the forum and the net in general, I have not been able to find a solution for connecting both quneo and qunexus to an ipad mini.

is there any recommended and tested usb hub that could support those two running at once?
Is it even possible? I could not find mA demands for the ipad modes.

thanks in advance
TheSupport@KMI

Re: which usb hub for quneo+qunexus+ipad mini?

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Haven't tried with an iPad mini, but any normal USB hub going into the Camera Connection Kit works fine with a full-sized iPad. Plug QuNeo and QuNexus into the hub and you're good to go.

You will more than likely want it to be a powered hub. The iPad is capable of powering both at the same time (if QuNeo is in iPad mode), but there is still a limit to how many LEDs can be on before drawing too much power from the iPad (at which point the port will shut down).

We tried it out here and it works great with a powered hub. Still works when the hub isn't powered, but has some LED limits. I'm not entirely sure if there's a difference in available USB power between the iPad and iPad mini, though.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
tMt

Re: which usb hub for quneo+qunexus+ipad mini?

Postby tMt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 pm

thanks a lot for the response. I will give it a try and report back if anything interesting that can help others happens.

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”