Studio One Pro 2.5 No Midi Connection

Maruuk

Studio One Pro 2.5 No Midi Connection

Postby Maruuk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Have standard PC/Win 7. Everything appears correct in the external devices screen, all windows list the QuNexus correctly, just zero input. Normally I download a hardware specific driver but this appears to have none as it uses a generic driver. Swell. No midi control. Dead as a doornail. Unit lights up fine and all, just can't get midi into the DAW.
Maruuk

Re: Studio One Pro 2.5 No Midi Connection

Postby Maruuk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Got it working briefly. Since the unit doesn't identify itself to the DAW by name with its generic driver, I had installed it as midi controller as opposed to a keyboard. Once I switched to keyboard it seemed to work, but the velocity was ridiculously low, you had to pound the pads to get any response. Went into the editor to try and boost the velocity/output but got nowhere. Built up the sensitivity, nothing. Channel pressure, nothing. Extremely confusing editor control interface. I just want to boost the velocity, not land a man on Mars.

Then unit abruptly stopped transmitting midi at all. Clever, those Chinese.
cliffman

Postby cliffman » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:26 am

Perhaps a wonky cable? Have you tried another? Can you look directly at the MIDI in, with MIDIOX or something?
Maruuk

Postby Maruuk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Don't have MidiOx, but I'll go to a standalone version of one of my virtual instruments and see how it works there.
Maruuk

Postby Maruuk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:48 pm

Fired up EZ Keys, selected QuNexus as the input, and nothing. Nada. No midi at all.

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”