Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

outputting velocity to modular synth

josef

outputting velocity to modular synth

Postby josef » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 am

hey is it possible to output velocity from the qunexus to an input on a modular synth.
thanks in advance for any responses.
emmett@KMI

Re: outputting velocity to modular synth

Postby emmett@KMI » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes, you can send velocity out of one of the CV outs. You will be sending gate and pitch info out of the top jack, and sending velocity out of either cv2 or cv3 from the lower jack.

As far as your modular synth goes, it's up to you how to implement that. The most simple way requires two VCAs running in serial (output of the first goes into the input of the second). The first VCA receives your envelope signal as 'CV in' and your second VCA receives the velocity as 'CV in'.

OR

You can use the VCAs differently by having VCA#1 operate normally but have VCA#2 between the envelope out and the VCA#1 CV in.

Some modules have a dedicated velocity input (sometimes called level) as well but it is not very common.
bpcmusic

Postby bpcmusic » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:20 am

Hi. I just received my QuNexus and have been trying to change the configuration so that velocity is sent over CV2. As of right now, I don't seem to be able to make that happen - even though the post above suggests that it is possible.

I've set the following in the QuNexus Editor:

Any tips on what I might be doing wrong would be helpful - or if this is even possible yet. I've noticed one forum post from a year or so ago requesting the feature that has no indication that it has been added.

Thank you!

b
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:52 am

Responded to your ticket.

But for other interested parties, this is a known bug in recent firmware. If you need to use velocity -> CV, get in touch with support and they will provide you with an older version of the firmware.
neurocrash

Postby neurocrash » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi, can you specify which firmware version that is needed? KMI support isn't sure which one may work.

Thanks

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”