Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

QuNexus For Keyswitching In Kontakt

dawman

QuNexus For Keyswitching In Kontakt

Postby dawman » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Having some difficulty getting the note numbers I programmed on the Q's keyboard to transmit the value I hoped for.
Using Kontakts Seesion Horns, their keyswitches are below the notes on my 88, and I decided I would just use QuNexus instead of transposing or writing over a Script called Change Keys.

Is there any easy tutorial I can look at for this?

I was using QuNexus for launching audio files (SFX & Cues) with the standard note 48 on up and never changed anything except assigned the audio clips the numbers Qu was sending.

Thanks for any help.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: QuNexus For Keyswitching In Kontakt

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:58 am

Sorry, but I am a little unclear on what it is you're trying to do, and where it is you're failing. Are you trying to extend the range of the QuNexus? Are you reprogramming the controller layer to send specific notes?
dawman

Postby dawman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:11 am

Thanks for helping.
Yes Session Horns and other Instruments use the lowest notes in the MIDI Spec. like note # 12 on up for Keyswitching.
I am trying to just use the Keypads on QuNexus to go from note #'s in the Basic Preset for the 40's down to accommodate the KeySwitches Kontakt uses.
While it says note # 12 has been edited on the QuNexus, it still triggers the original note vales regardless of the changes made.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:40 am

I think I see what's going on. If you're hardcoding the notes in the editor, you'll need to make sure that the key you're editing is NOT participating in the keyboard layer, but IS participating in the controller layer. If you don't edit this then it will still be sending the default notes specified by the keyboard.
Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 11.37.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 11.37.44 AM.png (11.8 KiB) Viewed 13870 times
You can shift + click if you need to adjust this for multiple keys. Hope this helps!

P.S. make sure that you have saved and sent the preset to the device, and that you are using the proper preset.
dawman

Postby dawman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:59 am

Right on my brother, I should have known I had the checkboxes both checked and it was the problem.
Downloading Gazillions of samples today, but will tackle this and continue enjoyin
dawman

Postby dawman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:13 am

I still can't get the notes to be seen in Scope DSP MIDI Editor or the MIDI Monitor in Bidule.

In the image I pressed the note #12, lowest C, then pressed the C# directly above it, so it shows the unedited section of the preset in the MIDI Monitor, but shuts off the note 12 that I edited in.
I know the basics of QuNexus like how to save and send, connections to applications where I have always used the Keys, just changed the apps around to suit me as it was faster.
But with NI Session Horns I need these notes as one does not enjoy hearing a note on a KeySwitch, but just the MIDI note # , hence the need for small 2 octave controllers for performers that use them for KeySwitches.
QuNexus was doing PAT nicely on my Solaris, and triggering audio clips in Bidule.
So I am sure I am missing out on something, so again thanks for you patience.

image host
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:24 am

That setup looks fine, its exactly how I have mine setup and Im am getting note 12 no problem, so it's hard for me to see where you're going wrong.
Can you see the CCs from that key in the MIDI monitor? Perhaps try turning those off.
dawman

Postby dawman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:29 am

How's about sending me a preset you have that works, and I can change my MIDI Channels at accept it so I can study other settings.
Just need the lowest 9 notes of QuNexus to go down to note number 12 and up to the G# giving me 9 keys for articulations.
Then I will let you know where I screwed up and learn by reverse engineering.
My Physis K4 is a really great Master MIDI COntroller, it accepts the QuNexus on one of the 4 USB inputs, and spits the data back out of MIDI 1-8 ports, or USB 1-4, so MIDI monitors (2 one in Scope DSP)show that the data is being received as sent.
Something I am missing on the Qu..

Thanks
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:21 pm

So you have the QuNexus going into the Physis K4? Have you tried going straight into the computer?
The preset I have attached sends out notes 12-20 on the lowest 9 keys of the QuNexus. I have pressure and tilt turned OFF for all of those keys, so all you should get is the notes, and 0 and 127 for velocity. If this doesn't work with your setup, there must be something weird happening with your MIDI routing.
Attachments
Key_Remap.qunexuspreset.zip
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
dawman

Postby dawman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks for making this but I obviously am doing something wrong.
MIDI Monitors still won't show the notes you changed, so I assumed they didn't read that far down.
Then decided to raise my Physis K4 an octave and watch the lowest notes triggering Kontakts keys in the Keyboard View that sits at the bottom of the Window/Screen. So I know Kontakt works as it colors the keys being sent so far down from the Physis.
But the QuNexus still does not show it's notes below the A where the regulkar note number start, and consequently play notes and show up in the MIDI Monitor.
Alas, I really need to just take CCs from an FS6 dual switch/button and assign them note numbers in a custom script.
I actually don't have time to reach over my right hand and hit the Q anyways.
Horn Parts and Hammond B3 work requires 2 hands at all time so thanks for youjr time.
I shall just save QuNexus for the PAT and Clip launching for some future need.

Thanks so much for your time and preset.
QuNexus is such a cool device. I am sure it will be back in action before long.

Cheerz

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”