Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Expression Pedal

JanKliemann

Expression Pedal

Postby JanKliemann » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello,

I am quite new to the forum, so please send me a link, if this topic has already been spoken about too often. :-)
I use my QuNexus with an Exp-Ped from M-Audio. It works ok, except one thing: I am not able to get the full range of MIDI data. When I set it up with CC11, Gain 1, Offset 0, Linear Curve and 0-127 it only gives me control from min 70 to max 100 or so. I use VI Pro2, but tried it in other environments (like Reaktor) too, but same problem there. I suppose it is a compatibility problem between the two different hardwares involved, but I do not find a good solution.

Can someone give me some information, what I can try?

Thanks a lot!
Jan
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Expression Pedal

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:06 am

How are you connecting the pedal to the QuNexus exactly? What cables and adapters are you using?
The CV input is a TRRS connection (it has two CV inputs in one jack) so you can't simply plug an Expression pedal into the QuNexus.
JanKliemann

Postby JanKliemann » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi,

I have connected it the following way:
QuNexus->TRRS male to 2 TRS female
then I used a TRS male 3,5 to 6,3 female on one of the 2 TRS female and connected the Expression-Pedal there (it has a 6,3 male connection).
The TRRS male to 2 TRS female cable is a headset cable with the usual green and pink slots.

Thanks in advance,
Jan
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 pm

JanKliemann wrote: The TRRS male to 2 TRS female cable is a headset cable with the usual green and pink slots.
So you're not using the cable kit that we sell but a third party cable? That might be the issue.
It might also be the pot value of the expression pedal you are using.
It also might be some settings in the QuNexus.

I would try reinstalling the firmware from the Editor.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to that particular expression pedal, so it's tough for me to speculate here.

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”