Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

QuNexus Ableton Live integration issues

chriswei

QuNexus Ableton Live integration issues

Postby chriswei » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:51 am

Hi -

I just got a QuNexus from my wife for Christmas and am having a blast with it both on my MacBook Pro and iPad. I tried the Ableton Live Remote Script installer (I'm running Ableton Live Lite 9 ) and it doesn't seem to work: enabling QuNexus as a control surface per the instructions that came with the Script installer doesn't let me control anything in Ableton. I am able to use the QuNexus as a MIDI keyboard input, so it is communicating with Ableton at that level at least.

I did some debugging (I was/am a developer and have used Python quite a bit) and the logs show the MixerComponent constructor call failing - apparently due to a change in the function signature. I made a quick change to remove the last 2 parameters in the call and the remote script no longer fails to load, but I can't be sure it's doing what it's supposed to - though I seem to be able to control Live with the QuNexus - play/stop, launch a clip, move the selector between tracks. I'm new to Ableton's scripting capability (it doesn't seem to be documented officially anywhere) so it's been a process of trial and error to get the script to initialize.

Do you have any plans to release an 'official' update to the Live Remote Script that fixes this issue?

Thanks,

- Chris
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: QuNexus Ableton Live integration issues

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:21 pm

The official script that I provide to customers is just that script with the deprecated parameters removed from the Mixer Component (as you already did) so giving you the one we have wouldn't change any of the behaviors. .
The scripting is NOT documented anywhere, so even developing third party stuff is all trial and error, and quite frustrating.

Glad you got it fixed!

Return to “QuNexus General Discussion”