Feature request - global commands for controller layer

Share your wishes for the future of QuNexus
cliffman

Feature request - global commands for controller layer

Postby cliffman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:25 am

This may be a bug, actually. The copy/paste functions in the editor seem fairly useless.

When I am tweaking patches in the controller layer (doing a lot of experiments atm) I find I frequently
want to do the same thing to all keys, such as
- turn off Pressure for all keys in Controller Layer
- turn off Tilt for all keys in Controller Layer.
- set Pressure and\or Tilt to the same values for all Controller keys.

Right now, i have to set each key one-at-a-time. Copy/paste doesn't seem to work between keys in the Controller Layer. It would be really nice if the editor had some buttons to:
- set Pressure to 'off/0' for all keys in Controller layer
- set Tilt to 'off/0' for all keys in Controller layer.
That would at least give a neutral start point.

I can probably do this just by creating some template presets, but would be nice.
Even nicer would be a box that let me set tilt/pressure values for all keys in Controller layer.
So, if i want every key to be 'Pressure CC 12, min value 15, Tilt OFF' I could do that once, instead of one-at-a-time.

Perhaps this might be also addressed by changing Copy/Paste- if i could copy one key to the next, it would be quicker.
TheSupport@KMI

Re: Feature request - global commands for controller layer

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:41 am

Not so obvious feature already in the editor: If you hold down the shift button while clicking the keys in controller layer you can select multiple keys. Any actions made will apply to everything selected. A quicker way to select all keys could be nice though (Command+A or Ctrl+A) — I'll add that as a feature request.

Also, the Copy Controller Sensor function copies all of the Sensor Settings from the currently selected key (in Controller Layer) and Paste Controller Sensor will replace the selected key's settings with the copied version. You can only copy a single key (it won't actually copy if you have multiple keys selected), but you can paste to any number of selected keys.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
cliffman

Postby cliffman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Thank you very much, i was hoping it was something i was missing. However, the Paste Sensor command didn't work for me, i'll try it again with the new editor.
cliffman

Postby cliffman » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:12 am

Very good, selecting all the keys is the answer. Thanks! And the paste seems to be working in the new editor, or perhaps i was an idiot before. I think implementing Cmd-A (standard select all) would be a nice feature.

Return to “QuNexus Feature Wishlist”