Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Feature Request: CV Note/Pitch Legato

Share your wishes for the future of QuNexus
patmcm

Feature Request: CV Note/Pitch Legato

Postby patmcm » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:44 pm

My set-up is a bit unique in that I'm using one analog source to control the gate/velocity of my synth, and using the QuNexus to convert pitch data from a MIDI keyboard into CV to control the pitch.

My problem is that releasing the keys on the MIDI keyboard I've plugged into the QuNexus' Expander sends 'note on, velocity 00' messages through as pitch data to the CV out, and they're sounding through the synth. It makes trills and fast arpeggios really muddy/difficult.

When using the QuNexus' keyboard, all I have to do is enable Legato mode and this problem disappears, but I need a larger keyboard than the fantastic little QN, so would it be possible to port Legato mode over to the pitch as well as the gate option in the CV tab of the QuNexus Editor and filter out those pesky note on 00s?

If I'm missing a setting somewhere please feel free to let me know, but I've spent quite a bit of time looking through the manuals and it seems that the sensitivies, on/off thresholds and Gate Legato don't affect the CV out for the Note MIDI type.
TheSupport@KMI

Re: Feature Request: CV Note/Pitch Legato

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Ahh, it seems like you've pointed us to a bit of a bug.

When gate legato is turned on, note offs should get ignored, even on the pitch output (like the way the QuNexus' keyboard behaves when it's on). It seems like this isn't necessarily the case — if the external software/hardware sends note off messages as "note on with velocity of 0" it does not respect the gate legato setting — if it sends actual note off messages (technically different from note on's with velocity 0) then it will respect gate legato.

I think we didn't run into this because we do the majority of our testing in Ableton Live, which turns note on's with 0 velocity into actual note off messages. We'll definitely need to get this fixed with an update.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
patmcm

Postby patmcm » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Appreciate the answer and look forward to the update. :)
bủgerboy123

Postby bủgerboy123 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:15 pm

But the thing is, if you have two different synths, you'll get the same gate.
Assigning CV-3 & CV-4 to another channel along with the (request) option to use one as a gate would be awesome!
Our excellent online ccnp guide training programs will study ccna - pass-4sure lead you to success in the We also offer latest passguide and with 100% success guarantee. Our network test is rare in IT world.

Return to “QuNexus Feature Wishlist”