Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Feature Request: Latching

Share your wishes for the future of QuNexus
agor

Feature Request: Latching

Postby agor » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:44 am

Hey I noticed this came up in a previous thread (see below).

It seems like it would be really simple and super effective to introduce a latching feature to the Qunexus editor. Actually I don't know how so many people are able to use this thing when the values -- for tilt, pressure, etc -- ALWAYS return to zero.

Example: if you map pressure to a filter frequency, it'd be nice for the freq to remain at the last value it was at, rather than always snapping back to zero, which, if the notes were toggled on, would make them unable to be heard. It would also just feel more natural to have latching.

Is there any way to currently do this? Like on Quneo?

Thanks alot!

Alex

---

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 am

Yeah, there's currently no way to set a return value (or latching) in keyboard layer. I've already logged this as a feature request.
TheSupport@KMI

Re: Feature Request: Latching

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Latching is already available in Controller layer, just not in Keyboard layer (though a feature request for this is already logged).

You could turn off pressure in Keyboard layer, then enable it in Controller layer on all of the keys. Just set the "Pressure CC Return" or "Tilt CC Return" to -1 — it will then display as "latch" after hitting enter or moving to a different field.

Also, tilt returns to center (63), not 0.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
manysounds

Postby manysounds » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:50 am

The other ugly side of this coin is there is no "nice" way to get original values from your DAW (or whatever) over too the QuNexus. So yea, you could set it to latch on some parameter for one of your devices but it wouldn't neccessarily work for another synth (or whatever).

In another thread: Yes you COULD do this with MAX and some really detailed preset management. But there's no way for the QuNexus itself to do this "nicely" and "flexibly" on it's own

YMMV
zeeshan123

Postby zeeshan123 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:48 am

i'm sorry 4 spamming all this feature ideas. i'm really getting into using it, but i feel some subtle features will make this little thing into a very dynamic midi controller (next to being an already super dynamic midi keyboard) :D

so:
Add. Shift + key to have a temp CC: sometimes its just really nice to have the option to not having to switch presets and just modulate an element that is not the synth ure playing, but fi an effect that u have ur synth plugged into
aliiiii

Return to “QuNexus Feature Wishlist”