Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

cc return to its original value

Share your wishes for the future of QuNexus
Danimal

cc return to its original value

Postby Danimal » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:03 am

using tilt or pressure to control cc s like cutoff causes changing the sound. shure i contol/modulate it, but afterwards i want the original value of the sound, and not the return value, set in the editor. presets are no real solution, since there are only 4 on the hardware and i have hundreds of sounds in my synths!

so it would be nice, if there was an option, where the qunexus adds (or subtracs) values, relative to its starting point (receiving it from synth somehow?).

am i right, that using qunexus with the expander will not give me led remote/feedback? would be nice if it would do so...
TheSupport@KMI

Re: cc return to its original value

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Yes, currently input to the Expander doesn't light up the QuNexus LEDs. This has been logged as a bug and should get fixed whenever the next QuNexus update is. I know it's a bummer...

For your request, I'll log it as a feature request, but I imagine it's highly unlikely this will get added. Is there even a controller out there that does this? It should really be the synth's responsibility to handle this sort of functionality. A synth returning to the original value when a controller's key is released would be much, much easier than programming a controller to dynamically add/subtract values depending on a synth's original value (which would still need to be communicated from the synth to the controller — so a change to the synth would be necessary anyway).
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
Danimal

Postby Danimal » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:22 pm

thanks for your reply! lightfeedback would be cool! expecting arpepilteptic ;)

@ original values:
hmm, seems to be difficult! none of my synths supports this wether digital or analog or hybrid (and, you are right, non of my controllers either). maybe should stick to cv, which litteraly adds voltage... but its limited to the cv inputs i have. one solution in my mind is a "reload patch" midi command sended by qunexus when releasing a key. maybe this could cause bad sounding value-jumps playing a patch with (long) release, but would be a simple and effective way!

regards
an3

Postby an3 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:34 am

a simplE solution could be implementing the togg A buttons to freeze Pres or Tilt values :idea:
manysounds

Postby manysounds » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:36 am

This can "easily" be done with MAX or MaxForLive with a little tricksyness and some careful preset management. I suppose... Then your stuck with those environments which isn't so bad...

There is no hardware synth that has ever done such a thing that I know of.
I can't think of a software synth that does....
mmmmm...

Actually I think SynPlant might return to the "patch value" if the mod wheel reaches 0.
I have to verify that and I can't think of any other
Danimal

Postby Danimal » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:19 am

manysounds wrote:This can "easily" be done with MAX or MaxForLive with a little tricksyness and some careful preset management. I suppose... Then your stuck with those environments which isn't so bad...
yes, for sure, but ive banned all pcs in my setup (except for recording, of course). and it works just freaking stable and with (almost) no latency at all. wont sacrifice that for a controller...
manysounds wrote:There is no hardware synth that has ever done such a thing that I know of.
I can't think of a software synth that does....
mmmmm...
exact :( but thinking of my digital and hybridsynths like ana4, or the moogs with digital mind, i cant really understand, why!

right now, i "only" use cv, because it returs to the startingpoint and wont destroy the patch! works ok, but is limitted to cv inputs of synths and outputs (3) on qunexus!

Return to “QuNexus Feature Wishlist”