Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

CV Transpose Request

Share your wishes for the future of QuNexus
hageir

CV Transpose Request

Postby hageir » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:25 pm

I just got my Qunexus and wow, it feels like a futuristic controller :) I'm loving it!

I'm using it to sequence/control my Yamaha CS-15 (Hz/V & S-Trig) and it works fine,
except the CV output on the Qunexus is one octave higher than the Yamaha
(the lowest octave on the Qunexus is one octave higher than the lowest on the Yamaha played from it's keyboard) I have to reach that low octave...

So I'm making a request for the CV:
CV Transpose/Octave = -1 / 0 / +1, etc.

Using the offset parameters makes the CV go under C0 and therefore it doesn't register below the key E (same CV values for the rest down)

Thanks a ton in advance, and congrats on an awesome piece of machinery!

-Geir Helgi
hageir

Re: CV Transpose Request

Postby hageir » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Still waiting for a reply on this,
the CV outs must be able to go lower than this, right?

So far none of the parameters have worked for "transposing" the CV down an octave,
CV Trim
Offset
Gain

They all have the same effect on the CV out = it goes "under" the possible range and becomes the same value on all notes below a certain key. Is this the maximum/minimum the CV can go?

Thanks!

-Geir Helgi
hageir

Re: CV Transpose Request

Postby hageir » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:55 am

Happy Easter!!

If I switch the Pitch Scaling Mode to 1V/Oct (not intended for the Yamaha Hz/Volt system)
I can indeed reach those lower notes!

It's like the Hz/V system can't reach down to 0.250V (which is the first/lowest note in the Yamaha Hz/V standard but according to the manual it should be 0.125V although the keyboard actually outputs 0.250V on the lowest note)

The lowest value I'm getting from the CV outs is 0.645/0.650
How would I trim/offset the Hz/V system so it's functioning correctly with my Yamaha CS-15?

Thanks

-Geir Helgi

Return to “QuNexus Feature Wishlist”