Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Open source firmware?

Share your wishes for the future of QuNexus
thomasf

Open source firmware?

Postby thomasf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:44 am

It seems like you are not capable/having enough resources to fund a continuous development of the firmware. I say this based on many of the types of problems many people are having according to my experience (as a software developer) should be quick fixes but nothing have been announced or happened here in any way signaling that anything at all is happening. I understand that a product development process can benefit from sparse communication but there is also some kind of limit after which it starts to hurt the product as well.
I think you should follow what Roger Linn is doing with the Linnstrument and open source your firmware to get help fixing and adding things.
Just wanted to put this out here, its sad that such a great product is so limited by not evolving as it has the potential for.
an3

Re: Open source firmware?

Postby an3 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:22 am

. that would be a great idea... the promissed os update, is from a loong time back and it seems not to be happening. Kmm should do this
richiegusto

Postby richiegusto » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:24 pm

This would be good.
tstk

Postby tstk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:53 am

This! AFAIK someone has already made refinements to both velocity sensitivity and tilt response, these would be possible to implement on the firmware level if it was open source..
emmett@KMI

Postby emmett@KMI » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:54 am

I will log your request.

It's not likely but who knows. The firmware is very cryptic and when the firmware changes then the software editor needs to be changed to reflect that. It takes a team of people who already know their way around the code many hours to implement, test, and debug even simple changes.

What are your most wanted changes to the QuNexus' behavior?
wtb

Postby wtb » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:30 pm

emmett@KMI wrote:I will log your request.

It's not likely but who knows. The firmware is very cryptic and when the firmware changes then the software editor needs to be changed to reflect that. It takes a team of people who already know their way around the code many hours to implement, test, and debug even simple changes.

What are your most wanted changes to the QuNexus' behavior?
I think everyone knows what it needs.

1) Pitch bend that actually works without a ridiculous jumpiness. I am pretty sure that every single person why bought a Qunexus expected the bend to work more or less like the pitch stick on a NordLead.
2) Velocity over CV
3) Tilt/Pitch bend to reset to 0 when you release the notes so you don't suddenly find yourself playing in the wrong key.

I guess I can't speak for everyone but having it work as advertised would be a good start. I want to love this thing but it is not ready for primetime.
thomasf

Postby thomasf » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:25 pm

The only thing that really annoys me is that I want to be able to change sensitivity and/or disable and/or assign the octave buttons to custom midi commands.. Mine are super sensitive and its easy to accitentaly press ocave up since it is so near the bottom key.
an3

Postby an3 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:42 pm

no offense, but it has been a loooong time since the nexus firmware got a touch-up. + i think u KMM has pretty much all firmware suggestions logged.. so why not go for it and satisfy those kickstarters :))
thomasf

Postby thomasf » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:16 am

One more thing about the octave keys on my qunexus is that octave up and down are so close to each other while also being very sensitive so it's sometimes hard to actually change the ocatve because both buttons trigger and both up and down are applied at the same time.
richiegusto

Postby richiegusto » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:28 pm

Another vote here for adjustable delay on the tilt and pitch bends, thanks.

Return to “QuNexus Feature Wishlist”