Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

QuNexus Communication

Share your wishes for the future of QuNexus
geraldbiggs

QuNexus Communication

Postby geraldbiggs » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:05 pm

My wishlist is contingent on understanding a couple things:

No led control of the left buttons in normal mode or tethered.
No preset changes via sysex or other midi assigned information.

Tethered mode switches all buttons to CC on the same channel with it appears one cc for pressure, one for tilt.

I've established what I believe is tethered mode via pure data. No LEDs on the keyboard light without receiving note information. If those statements are true:

I'd be interested midi feedback derived from changing preset...
and / or
Ability to send an appropriate message to change as desired.

Bonus:
Octave feedback as well.
Turning off / on pressure tilt and such on the go.

Potentially:
Knowing if presets are switched, I could then maintain notes set to toggle (let's say running samples, or drone notes) - while on other presets. Switching back to toggle preset - Pure data could reassert the notes in proper locations. Similar to the octave issue of maintaining notes when changing octaves. Create a note array, reference as needed. (Probably possible as is)

The grail would be allowing my APC to select a device, and relay the appropriate preset for whatever style is appropriate for the device or as above - flip the options around and disregarding presets entirely.

Far be it from me to try a new device and take a can opener to it. Thanks
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: QuNexus Communication

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:08 am

All of your assumptions are correct, except each key is two sensors, one at the top, and one at the bottom. We cook that data to get the velocity, pressure and tilt that is sent in normal operation. You can turn pressure/tilt off by holding the corresponding buttons, but I'm not entirely clear what you mean by "on the go".

I can certainly add your requests to the list, but we currently do not have any immediate plans for a feature update.
geraldbiggs

Postby geraldbiggs » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:11 pm

"On the go" being a sent signal which would toggle those parameters automagically.

Good to know on the feature update. I'll know to put some real work into my tinkering.

As per the note off when octave or preset change it should be (relatively) straightforward to keep a persistent array to maintain and coordinate appropriate LEDs when switching octaves / presets. Will share that pure data based workaround here.

For presets, I have started another work around where simply every preset has everything "on" (except for that channel per note stuff). Pure data filters the info (adjusts thresholds, sensitivities), based on the currently selected device. Preset per device.

Thanks for the additional info.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:11 am

You're welcome. Good luck!

Return to “QuNexus Feature Wishlist”