Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Change samplerate

Dallon426

Change samplerate

Postby Dallon426 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi, I don't have an option to change the samplerate in both the software or the driver software either. It's at 96khz.
It says it should be under settings, but it's not there.

Also the interface will sometimes not have connection?

I've updated to 1.35 (latest driver)

Any suggestions?

Win 10 latest version.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Change samplerate

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 am

Changing the sample rate is handled by the application, or by the OS on Windows. You change the default sample rate in the advanced tab of the sound preferences. I could be missing something, I'm not at my windows machine at the moment, but its in there somewhere. Changing sample rate on windows is a bit of black magic to be honest.
Dallon426

Postby Dallon426 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:36 am

The manual states that it is in fact located in the software the USB audio driver. . In any case it is a function that should be added to the software. I've never seen any interface not have this feature within it's own software. Strange.
This can be found on page 138 in the manual
So Keith, if you're listening please add that feature.

So far this unit seems a bit finicky. Deciding to connect when it wants to. Not having a tab that is said to be available in the manual.

One more thing.... I have to get posts approved? Is that for every post? Or after a certain number of posts I'm allowed to post without permission?
Attachments
Screenshot_20180621-163136.png
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:17 pm

We can't really add features to our audio drivers. You can change the sample rate through the OS. Windows is finicky in general with audio.

Not really sure about the post approval thing, but you should be able to post freely after awhile.
Dallon426

Postby Dallon426 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Windows is not finicky with audio drivers. Every audio interface I've used since 2001 has been with Windows and I've never had any issues with changing sample rates or connection. I've literally tested and had a ton of interfaces from tascam, focusrite, Rme, zoom, Motu, presonus, e-mu, m-audio, and I've never had a single issue. Rme has had the lowest latency and best stability in the business. Here's a group where we discuss and thoroughly test interfaces. The k-mix is the first interface I've tested that has had problems with connection:/
I was excited to get my hands on the k-mix, but until these issues get worked out I'll have to give and honest review.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... -base.html
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:32 am

Give an honest review, we wouldn't want you to lie.

As I said, connection issues are due to the cable 99% of the time.

Return to “K-Mix General Discussion”