Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Instructions for setting up K-mix in Windows 10

Dallon426

Instructions for setting up K-mix in Windows 10

Postby Dallon426 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:09 am

1st. Download and install the driver (if your cable does not work try another USB 2.0 cable, I had issues with the supplied cable and the K-mix was not recognized. I am only using bus powered, no power adapter
2. Go to sound properties in windows and right click on the speaker and click sounds
sounds.JPG
sounds.JPG (11.61 KiB) Viewed 12287 times
3. click k-mix and go to properties
configure.JPG
4. and go to the advanced tab then select 24-bit 44.1 khz (This worked for me, I was having issues hearing youtube and mp3's and all other audio files while the setting was different that 44.1. Note The K-mix defaults to 96K 24-bit so this will need to be changed to 24-bit 44.1
click apply and ok

5. On the same page as windows sound properties click configure
configure.JPG
6. Click the speaker configuration to stereo
speakers2.JPG
speakers2.JPG (22.22 KiB) Viewed 12287 times
7. open K-mix usb audio control panel and make sure you have the following settings
Dallon426

Re: Instructions for setting up K-mix in Windows 10

Postby Dallon426 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:16 am

3.JPG
2.JPG
If you see this warning then mess with the buffer settings for instance I have 64 samples on minimum latency and I do not see that warning. You basically have to tweak this until you do not see that warning sign.

8. Go to k-mix editor and go to USB and use pre for channels 1-8 and post on usb output 1-8.
pre.JPG

That's it. Hopefully it will work for you guys. I had my head up against the wall trying to troubleshoot this. I do hope K-mix is further developed and has better support in the future.
Last edited by Dallon426 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:04 pm

You don't need to put everything to post.

With USB input set to POST you are sending the audio through the channel strips before reaching the computer, which is not always desirable. Setting the USB input to PRE will take the audio after the trim and before the channel strips. This can present problems in that you will send the audio to the main outs (remember it is also mixer) and to your computer. With USB input set to PRE you can send the audio over USB without sending it to the main outs.
Dallon426

Postby Dallon426 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:20 am

Note: You need to check several cables. I do not know why, maybe a tech can explain, but certain usb cables that I tried with K-mix will not allow me to adjust the sample rate to 44.1 KHZ

One was stuck at 96KHZ. Another cable did not work at all (The one supplied with K-mix)

So you might have to buy a good quality USB 2.0 cable.
9o.l19o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l9o.l.JPG
This was the good quality USB 2.0 I purchased, as you can see I can now adjust the sample rate
2.JPG
Dallon426

Postby Dallon426 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:57 am

I took the K-mix back. It's got far too many things about it that are quirky and do not make much sense. I spent two days emailing tech support back and forth and while they were as helpful as they could be, they could not solve the problem. So, good luck Keith Mcmillen, I hope you guys improve your audio interfaces. there's a lot of great ideas in there. I'd probably ditch the DSP mixer portion all together and just have an audio interface/midi controller. And work as hard as I could to get latency down. I'd also have Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C ports. Good luck with the company, sorry it was too much work to get working properly and in the end after 5 days of trouble shooting, I said that's it, RME babyface Pro for me.

Return to “K-Mix General Discussion”