Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

4.4.1 Surround buss?

Pongoid

4.4.1 Surround buss?

Postby Pongoid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:48 pm

Might it be possible in the next firmware update to add another surround routing that essentially adds a Z axis to the panning buss so that outs 1-4 are low or Z-1 and 5-8 are the same corresponding corners as 1-4 but Z+1 thus simulating a cube, maybe employing what would be aux master volumes 1-3 as the Z value for at least the first three busses?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: 4.4.1 Surround buss?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 am

That isn't really a standard surround setup, and usually height is pretty hard to perceive as listeners unless the speakers are quite far apart. Not to mention the issues that come with implementing that in a GUI.
I can certainly add it to the request list though.
Pongoid

Re: 4.4.1 Surround buss?

Postby Pongoid » Sat May 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Actually, that's not true at all. Cubes are becoming more and more popular. People are using things like Envelop software and building decoders with it, as well as 7.1 theatre types with two high front, two low front, two rear, a center front and a sub. The cube is gaining popularity with spaces akin to Meow Wolf, and with people doing spatialized sound installations at Burning Man and other festivals, which I'm proud to say, the K-Mix holds up well against, unlike machines with moving parts. Sure, we can use software decorders, but I'd much rather see solid and reliable hardware handle the job, which I know is not that much more for the onboard DSP to handle.

Return to “K-Mix General Discussion”