Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Can I separately trigger sounds using velocity or radius?

irongiant14

Can I separately trigger sounds using velocity or radius?

Postby irongiant14 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:07 am

Hi! I just added a BopPad to my setup and am really pleased with it, so far. Great feel with sticks and my finger drumming has never been so gratifying. I'm blown away by some of the examples I have seen on this board.

I'm not the best programmer but have some experience with Modlines, using SoftStep2. I'm starting my experiments triggering drums, in Reason's Kong and Logic's Drum Designer. I found it simple to assign multiple 'pads' or 'drums' to a quadrant. But, is it possible to, for instance, assign a center snare sample and rimshot to a quadrant and trigger either one or the other through velocity or where in the quadrant's radius I hit? Like, if I could assign the inner radius to a ride cymbal's bell and the outer to the cymbal edge, that would track nicely with my drumming instincts. If it can be done, how should I think about modding the quadrant?

Thanks!
irongiant14

Re: Can I separately trigger sounds using velocity or radius?

Postby irongiant14 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 pm

I saw this post before but confused it for the BopPad Editor. :oops:

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/blog/bopp ... zones-app/

So, I think this does what I was hoping to achieve. Will try to get this to work and circle back, if necessary. Thanks!
irongiant14

Re: Can I separately trigger sounds using velocity or radius?

Postby irongiant14 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:06 am

This BopPad Zones app is really spicing up the pad! I'm starting to 'get it' and have set up a scenario I'd like to play with again but cannot save the session. Is there a way to save my changes? Under File, both Save and Save As are greyed out! I'm on Catalina 10.15.7.

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”