Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

IOS Support

RJB

IOS Support

Postby RJB » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:22 am

Any chance of making either the web editor work in IOS Safari (or Chrome), or create an IOS app to program the BopPad?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: IOS Support

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:56 am

If Apple would support web MIDI on iOS we could use the web Editor.
We are looking at options for getting around that, as well as the possibility of an app. no ETA on either right now though.
RJB

Postby RJB » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Knowing how slow Apple can be, please consider making an iOS app. You’re missing out on a large iOS musician base that you could tap into if you just throw us a bone. :D
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:12 pm

It's not like you can't use the device on iOS - so I think the assumption that we're 'missing out' may be a bit overstated.
I just said we are looking at options. We're considering it pretty seriously.
lukesleepwalker

Postby lukesleepwalker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 am

Another happy BopPad user on iOS here. It's not too big of a hassle to configure the BP on my laptop, so no big complaints. That said, it'd be cool to have a dedicated native app for iOS so that we could quickly load more than four presets at a time. Anyway, to me, BP and iOS are made for each other--so portable and fun.

Would love to hear what apps others are using with BP and iOS.
lukesleepwalker

Postby lukesleepwalker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:03 pm

Oh, forgot one other request: if you could put the Zones project (which is amazing!) in the iOS native app, it'd be really really swell:

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/projects/boppad-zones/
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 pm

We do have some plans for pursuing an iOS Editor, but there's no definitive timeline for that.

Glad you like the zones app! It opens up some really interesting stuff. Unfortunately, that app was made with Max, and there's no easy way to port that to iOS. We do have plans for including this functionality in a future firmware though.
lukesleepwalker

Postby lukesleepwalker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Really glad to hear you are considering Zones for the firmware at some point. It's a killer feature! I was playing a little percussion thing on three quadrants the other night and then playing a melody on the fourth quadrant. It provoked a few raised eyebrows!
lukesleepwalker

Postby lukesleepwalker » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Can you describe the general approach you used in the Zones app? I'm wondering if I can replicate on iOS using a Midi tool like MidiFire. I tried to convert CC ranges to notes but I couldn't get it to work as I expected. Something like this is what I am using:

BX 50 01-28 = 9X 54
BX 50 01-28 = 8X 54
BX 50 28-50 = 9X 56
BX 50 28-50 = 8X 56
BX 50 51-7F = 9X 58
BX 50 51-7F = 8X 58

The issue, I think, is that BopPad sends multiple CC values every time it is struck, and if they overlap it plays two tones. Further, in the MIDI monitor, I can't see any Note offs being generated.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:08 am

I have no idea what those numbers you posted are supposed to mean. They look like hex values, but I am not sure what the two identical input values are for? Why are two identical CC inputs translated to two different notes? What is this syntax you are using here?

The basic approach is to test for a channel, then test for the radius CC. Pass any other CCs.
When a note on is received take the current radius CC and use that value to choose a note based on a set of rules. I am not familiar with MIDI fire, so I don't have any practical advice on implementation in that environment.

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”