Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

IOS Support

lukesleepwalker

Re: IOS Support

Postby lukesleepwalker » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:49 am

Yes, those are hex values in what I supplied. The first line is used for note on (9X) and the second one is note off (8X). Based on what you stated about your approach, I think I need to rethink my strategy. I had turned the note on completely off and was working with just the radius CC. But I see the logic of your approach--take the note and modify it based on the radius CC range that is being sent.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 am

Yeah I guess my question was how would plan to generate the note offs in your case, just from the radius data.
choirboy

Postby choirboy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:07 pm

As both a drummer/percussionist and an ios user for live work, I'm quite interested in this product. But I'm holding off purchasing until an app is developed. Yes, I know I can edit via my desktop, but I want the ability to edit things at a gig if needed. Please oh please make an ios app happen! :)
Daveypoo

Postby Daveypoo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:50 am

I just joined this board specifically to bump this topic. I LOVE the BopPad, and am having so much fun with it that I picked up a K-Board as well! I love that the K-Board has a dedicated iOS app, so having one for the BopPad would be excellent! Additionally, the ability to have multiple samples per pad on iOS would open up endless possibilities.

Love your products - I'm contemplating pickup up a K-Board Pro at some point too! Can't wait to see what you have in store for BopPad support.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:37 am

You can have multiple samples per pad if the app supports choosing samples via CC.
We are considering an iOS app.
Apple could also start supporting web MIDI on iOS.
willhindson

Postby willhindson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Just wanted to throw in my support for the ios app. Was quite disappointed to see here that it’s only “being considered”, when KMI originally said in the kickstarter that an ios app would be released and all the marketing points to it being able to be a standalone product for iOS. I also asked KMI support on twitter who said that it was in the works.

I bought the boppad with the knowledge that an ios app would be released (I only use it with my ipad pro), so I hope it’s not too far away now. Waiting for apple to support webmidi could take years, it’s anybody’s guess.

Having said this though, I’m loving the hardware - once it’s set up with a mac it’s very expressive - just wish there was a way to change presets without having to disconnect from the ipad.
Future Aztec

Postby Future Aztec » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:22 am

I would like to see iOS support for the editor. I think the BopPad is very unique and one of its strengths is that you can take it anywhere. This claim would be hampered by having to bring a laptop along in order to change midi presets. In the past I have done a lot of work in Ableton, Reaktor, and other MAC OS software, but right now there is something refreshing about being able to do my work on an iPad.

On the one hand I am surprised more people haven't figured out how amazing the BopPad is. On the other hand if everyone had one it would be so cool that I do. :roll:
lukesleepwalker

Postby lukesleepwalker » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:48 am

It's clear from KMI's marketing materials that they have targeted the professional musician crowd with this product. PC software is still the dominant toolset for both the studio and live use cases, so their approach makes sense. But judging from the length of this thread, it looks like there might be a significant mobile music makers market to tap into with a little love on iOS. I personally love showing up anywhere with my BopPad, plugging into my iPhone, and jamming out. The future is now. Thanks KMI for speeding us along...
choirboy

Postby choirboy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:20 pm

lukesleepwalker wrote:It's clear from KMI's marketing materials that they have targeted the professional musician crowd with this product. PC software is still the dominant toolset for both the studio and live use cases, so their approach makes sense. But judging from the length of this thread, it looks like there might be a significant mobile music makers market to tap into with a little love on iOS. I personally love showing up anywhere with my BopPad, plugging into my iPhone, and jamming out. The future is now. Thanks KMI for speeding us along...
Well, I'm a pro musician, and I've been using two iPads for all my synth sounds, loopers, etc. for the past five years. I was quite happy to give up lugging my laptop around and dealing with a trackpad whilst playing live! I've now ordered a BopPad, simply to get going with the thing, but I know an app would make my gigging life a lot easier.
willhindson

Postby willhindson » Mon May 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Any updates on boppad editor iOS support?

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”