Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Faulty/damaged USB port

MNDMTH

Faulty/damaged USB port

Postby MNDMTH » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:15 am

Can anyone help? My USB port on my BopPad appears to have a loose connection and so MIDI data is interrupted. This has only just started happening and I've tried it with multiple cables and it's definitely an issue with the port itself not the cable. It works intermittently but if there is too much vibration, or if I lightly push the cable upwards, MIDI messages stop transmitting, even though the green light is still on, and it still turns to amber when I hit the pad. Occasionally while playing the light goes out completely. I am panicking slightly as I have a gig this week that I am using the BopPad for and I was in the middle of programming patches in Ableton when it occurred. I'm trying to figure out how to get it repaired/replaced very quickly this week. I'm based, in Glasgow, Scotland, U.K. Any advice appreciated! I'm wondering if it's even possible to just open it and re-solder a loose connection if that's what's causing the problem.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Faulty/damaged USB port

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:36 am

Your best bet with things like this is to get in touch with support (which you've already did). We'll take care of you there.

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”