Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

crosstalk

rnb0

crosstalk

Postby rnb0 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:23 pm

Playing on a flat hard surface
with the global sensitivity set to the default (18)
and crosstalk cancellation enabled,
I can get a value as high as 126 (and regularly over 22) on quad 1's live value be tapping on quads 2-4.

Is this considered normal?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: crosstalk

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:55 am

No, its not normal.

Has this always been the case?
Have you tried a firmware reinstall?
Where you pressing on either the top or the bottom when the device was powered on?
Can you reliably reproduce this?
rnb0

Postby rnb0 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:45 am

I don't know if this has always been the case. At one point, I was having lockups and, of course, the issue with the touchscreen so there were too many variables (I am also wondering how this might have affected the chain selector issue but I'm not going to worry about that at this time.)

I just did a firmware update. It indicated that it occurred and reconnected. The same cross talk occurs. I was not pressing on the top or the bottom.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:25 am

I imagine that you would've noticed this before, so that points to it not being a hardware issue.

You'll need to send us a short video/demonstration of this behavior for us to have any more insight other than, reset everything to default.
How hard are you hitting the other quadrants?
Does location matter?
Is it just triggering the notes, or is it sending pressure/radius data as well.
Also make sure you aren't sending the same MIDI data from other quadrants.
Could you export your preset and get it to me?
rnb0

Postby rnb0 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:20 am

You IMAGINE that would have noticed it before? I've been reporting problems with this device since right after I got it! I actually set it down for a while in order to do some musical things that were more productive. I answer your questions and then you want a video and have a bunch of other questions. Do you guys ever replace a product or is this the standard mode?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 am

Going through the support channel is the most efficient way to report potential hardware issues: www.support.keithmcmillen.com

We do replace devices, per our warranty if they are deemed faulty: www.keithmcmillen/com/warranty.

And yes, asking questions, and attempting to get the most clear picture of what is going on is standard procedure. I don't want to tell you to ship a unit back unless we have gone through all the appropriate troubleshooting steps.
rnb0

Postby rnb0 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:35 pm

OK. I'll leave this just like I left that last interchange where you always needed yet one more step (Movies now! Sure...)

I'm interested in making some music. Not in dithering endlessly with your problematic product.
lukesleepwalker

Postby lukesleepwalker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am

I'm probably drawing parallels that aren't helpful but I experienced some crosstalk with BopPad once or twice. Both times it was because the software was picking up both MIDI and note data that I had inadvertently left on when fiddling with the web editor to configure the quadrants.

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”