Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Boppad lagging for seconds logic

EJC

Boppad lagging for seconds logic

Postby EJC » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:40 pm

its happening on and off, I turned ccs off for all quadrants and it seemed to help for a bit, but its still doing it. It will be ok for a while and then randomly do it. Also, I'm noticing Lgic is telling me once in a while the number of MIDI inputs has changed to 0. this is happening on and off as well, just not as often.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Boppad lagging for seconds logic

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:18 am

This is actually an issue with Logic, and I'm not sure what the solution is - You can check with MIDI monitor that the BP is sending all the MIDI notes.

The MIDI input thing is probably due to the cable. Try a few different USB cables and see if the behavior changes.
EJC

Postby EJC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:13 am

Ok. So, Bopped is not recommended for use with Logic?

As far as the usb cable, it is the one supplied with Boppad that this is happening
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:15 pm

You can use the BopPad with Logic, there's jsut some issue with that software dropping MIDI messages. There might be some ways around it. I'll have to dig in a bit and see if I can reproduce this and come up with any solutions.

You should try a different cable.
EJC

Postby EJC » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:21 am

I have now tried a couple different cables. Both seem to be less troublesome than the included cable. There are some odd velocity issues as well when Ive tested with both logic and ableton. I can strike a note with the same velocity and every 1 of 8 times or so, the note cuts off or is nearly inaudible.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Glad to hear the cable helped. As for the other issue, not much I can advise there other than playing with some of the settings in the Editor to see if you can get a more consistent response.

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”