Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

BopPad Zones APP

imbroh

BopPad Zones APP

Postby imbroh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am

Hi everybody

I own a Bop Pad, I use Live (9) and I'm trying to figure out how the application BopPad Zones works.
I downloaded the project (340 MB) from this link:

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/blog/bopp ... zones-app/

and I found the application based on Max and some other files.
I Can't really understand how to control the behaviour of the BP through the Application IN Live.
The only explanation is on this page of the blog:

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/blog/bopp ... zones-app/

but it's far from enough
Has anybody tried it? Can anybody explain how does it work?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: BopPad Zones APP

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:34 am

You might want to use the M4L device if you are using Live: https://www.keithmcmillen.com/projects/ ... s-for-m4l/

Any explanation I give here will be basically a re-write of what the blog post describes. Many people have tried it, and it seems to work just fine for them. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions/issues you're having. But the basic explanation on how to use it is already written.
I Can't really understand how to control the behaviour of the BP through the Application IN Live.
That's not really what's going on. If you use the standalone app, you don't control the BP through the application in Live. You send MIDI from the BP into the app, and then the app translates the MIDI and passes it along to Live.
imbroh

Postby imbroh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am

Thanks a lot !!!!!
I'll check it out :)
imbroh

Postby imbroh » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:26 am

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions/issues you're having
Ok, first question )

the apps works, I managed to obtain different notes playing as I hit different zones of the pad.
The first problem is that every quadrant plays 2 notes at a time: the note that is set on the bop pad editor (or stored in the instrument memory ) together with the note which depends on the settings that I made on the application BP Zones.
Another problem is that sometimes the pads don't send the note off, and some notes continue to play until I hit the right portion of the quadrant again.
Any suggestion to solve these issues?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:36 am

Are you using standalone or the M4L device?
The app isn't sending two notes - it sounds like you are monitoring the output from the BopPad as well as the output from the Zones app. Only monitor the output from the zones app.
How are you verifying that you aren't getting note offs?
Do you have multitouch on?
imbroh

Postby imbroh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:14 am

Thans for your answer!
I solved the problem of the 2 notes))) I had just to select Bop Pad Zones as the midi input for the track in Live. Before that, I had the "all ins" option selected.
I use the Standalone app.
I didn't use any midi monitor, I just noticed that the key on the user interface instruments that I was using remained pressed unti I hit it again on the pad. Maybe it's not the BP that isn't sending the note off.
I think I should search for a midi monitor device to understand what exactly happens, maybe there is an M4L device to do that. In case not,
can you suggest any free midi monitor device to use in Live?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:25 am

https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

That isn't in Live, but if you're running Mac OSX that can run alongside your other MIDI software. A very handy tool for figuring out what's going on with MIDI.
imbroh

Postby imbroh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:36 am

Ok, M4L DOES have a midi monitor device)
Just found it ))
I put the midi monitor device before the instruments, and, as you can see from the screenshot, there is 1 not off lacking.

I don't know on what it depends
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 am

Where is the MIDI coming from, the app?
imbroh

Postby imbroh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:41 am

The track that I control with BP has BopPad Zones(1) as midi input.
Sorry, I know what multitouch is, but I don't understand what you mean (
I'm using these apps/programs at one time: Live, a synth in a track in live, the Bop Pad Zones app (stand alone version), and I also have the BP Editor open. In which one of these I should have the multitouch turned on or off?

I'm also noticing that the app works as long as it receives some input. if I don't use it for (say) 5/10 minutes it stops working, and the BP starts working as the app was closed. I have to restart the app, and then it works again

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”