Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

SPDSX roland + Bop pad

franck

SPDSX roland + Bop pad

Postby franck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:39 am

Hello everyone,
I would like to control the master fx of my sdpsx roland with my bop pad (which is plugged in midi with midi expander kmi) but it does not work.What s the settings that I can put in the bop pad editor for it to work? The control change that corresponds to the spdsx is cc 80, i put image of spdsx and bop pad editor
Do you have idea ?
thanks a lot
Attachments
20180813_124059-min.jpg
20180813_123153-min.jpg
20180813_123137-min.jpg
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: SPDSX roland + Bop pad

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:51 am

How are you trying to control the Roland? Right now you have the CC set up to respond to velocity, which doesn't seem like the best choice for controlling FX. You should probably look at one of the continuous sources. Pressure, radius, etc.
franck

Postby franck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:30 am

Thank you for the answer, Effectivly mode pressure works, I tested today but it does not always respond. I'd like with 1 zone, I can go from Fx / s loop etc ... Can you help me to make the system more stable?
Thanks a lot
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Not sure what you mean by "make the system more stable". I don't have your particular hardware to test with, so you'll need to be pretty specific about the issues you are experiencing.
franck

Postby franck » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Hello, yes indeed I must be more precise, when I hit a pad, the change control works but the 2nd hit or 3nd after is not recognized, it's random.
There is a user table specific for this in boppad editor ?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:16 am

Not sure how a user table would help here? A user table is a translation table that allows you to define a non linear relationship.
I'm sure it's not random.
The CC message is still being sent, but not being recognized, or not making the desired change in the hardware. You'll need to figure out why that's happening in the hardware, and what options we have have for shaping the data.

Sorry I don't have a more concrete answer, but I don't have access to that hardware.

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”