Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Global sensitivity: how to change through MIDI?

murmichel

Global sensitivity: how to change through MIDI?

Postby murmichel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:55 am

Is there a way to change the global sensitivity through a MIDI command? I'm hoping there's an undocumented CC for this.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Global sensitivity: how to change through MIDI?

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:57 am

No there is not a way to change any of the internal settings through MIDI. Modifying presets via MIDI is not a supported feature. The only workaround would be to setup multiple presets with different sensitivity settings and recall those. Not sure what the practical application would be of exposing sensitivity to a MIDI command.
murmichel

Postby murmichel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:19 am

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the parameters. I would like to use a higher sensitivity for playing with my fingers and the standard settings/presets are not sensitive enough for that. In the presets the sensitivity is already at the max value of 16, therefore I need to increase the global sensitivity, presumably. However, this would also affect the other presets, which I don't want. So, I think that I need a way to increase sensitivity just when I want to play with my fingers.

Is there something I'm missing or misunderstanding?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 am

Global sensitivity is per preset.

Also, generally, you can play with your hands quite easily with the standard settings. Not sure if you're trying to trigger it with super light finger taps or something?
murmichel

Postby murmichel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:34 am

I see, apparently I misunderstood the scope the of global sensitivity. I thought it was, well, global, not per preset.

As for the playing, yes, I'm trying to play with just my fingers and relatively light touches. This might not work so well, I need to try some more, but it wasn't the principal reason I got a BopPad in the first place.

To provide a bit of context, I'm using the Earmaster app on an iPad for finger exercises. Tapping regular rhythms with alternating fingers and things like that. Previously, I've been tapping on the iPad's screen. Now that I have a BopPad, I was trying to tap on that instead. In my attempts so far this didn't work very well, but I'll experiment more with various settings. Beside that, the BopPad works fine when connected to the iPad.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 am

Ah, I see. You might be able to get some good results by bumping the global sensitivity. Keep in mind that raising the sensitivity will result in more false/double triggers, and increased crosstalk between quadrants.

Return to “BopPad General Discussion”