Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

No control on LED lights

machine_

Re: No control on LED lights

Postby machine_ » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:12 am

im working on something that will fix this common problem.

will be releasing something in a few weeks.
vjflashpoint

Postby vjflashpoint » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:47 am

What about Arkaos GrandVJ 2, is it fine with feedbacks? And do you guys have a preset available for it?
Its a new version and i'm considering going for it if it's ok with QuNeo.
Thanx!
TheSupport@KMI

Postby TheSupport@KMI » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:15 pm

We don't have GrandVJ so there is no "official" preset for it and can't try things out to see how it behaves. But if it allows for customizing the MIDI messages that get output (from GrandVJ to the controller) it should be fine. If it follows the same mirroring behavior that Resolume does then direct feedback to the QuNeo will be cumbersome.
2, 3, 5, 13, 89, 233, 1597, 28657, 514229, 433494437, 2971215073
ShofB

Postby ShofB » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:53 pm

Jee-Bee wrote:so version 1.3 can have a extra midi receive tab...
I don't see any reference to that... where did you see it?
NexusKin

Postby NexusKin » Wed May 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Has there been any motion on mirroring functionality? I'm trying to decide between Modul8 and Resolume, already have a QuNeo and definitely want to use it as my video controller.
emmett@KMI

Postby emmett@KMI » Thu May 08, 2014 10:33 am

Hello NexusKin, there has been no change regarding mirroring.
dachhu

Postby dachhu » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Just bought myself a Quneo, and despite the LED issue really enjoying the device.
I'm also a poor uncatered for Resolume VJ living off the controller scraps off the Ableton super elite, has this issue moved at all, is it able to?
If not does anyone know of other routes to get this working, software wise? a processing patch, a bomes patch? I've just ditched Mac for PC, so preferably windows options.

Thanks

David
dachhu

Postby dachhu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:16 am

Hello,

being the pernicious little fellow I am, i thought i would create the dialogue between Resolume and KMI here in this forum.
So i put to Resolume, who responded very swiftly, the 'problem' with their midi feedback for LEDs and whether anything could be done from their end,

http://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 3776441eab

"Our 'lacking' midi feedback system is actually pretty well thought out. For instance when changing active layers or clips, any dials or button controls mapped to the newly selected layer or clip will update their state on the controller. This happens regardless whether you're using a Novation Launchpad, Akai APC 40, NI F1 or Livid OhmRGB. Without the need for Bomes or P5.

I agree that some things, like LED color feedback for buttons, could really be improved. We have been working on this and we have some good ideas to make that easier to set up with most of the controllers out there.

But the guys at Keith McMillen have decided to go with a protocol for LED feedback that's different from everyone else's. At least, every other controller I know of uses mirroring for LED feedback. I'm sure they have a good reason to do so, but we simply don't have time to implement a specific setup system just for their specific protocol. So yeah, with the QuNeo you can find yourself needing to resort to Bomes wizardry."

Not trying to create any animosity between Your two companies, i just want to be able to play lovely eyepopping visuals with a wonderful eyepopping controller with full LED support.

As I said on the Res forum i don't mind getting my hands dirty with something like Bomes but surely it would be benefical to both companies to work this out.

The VJ controller market is wide, varied and open not like the ableton super elite who even have dedicated controllers, taking the bull like the horns and making the Quneo a true viable VJ option would be glorious. Since VJ's are a bit of a forgotten bastard child of live performance, embracing them could only be positive in terms of profit and a customer base.

As any practitioner in this area I will continue to look for solutions and even share them with the community,

But it would be great to see things moving at a higher level.

Regards

David Hughes
Dachhu Visuals
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 am

Have you ever tried making a preset that sends out the same MIDI values that the QuNeo wants to see for remote LED mappings? Is this not a possibility for some reason?
dachhu

Postby dachhu » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:53 pm

I suppose this is why you are support and I am but a lowly mortal. A simple elegant solution that had eluded me, I've tried this and now everything seems to be working great. Thank you very much.

I'll make a template for Resolume and share the info, this way more VJs may want to experience the wonder of Quneo.

Dachhu Visuals

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”