Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

customization

Get help from other SoftStep users.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: customization

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:54 pm

Not really a rule of thumb, but you can manipulate the data with the 'Gain' parameter in a modline to greatly reduce the amount of force it takes to get to 127.
ineedhelp

Postby ineedhelp » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:45 pm

the dbl trigger isnt working to turn the knob to zero. the midi signal comes through from only the pressure when i tap it. it makes the knob go down to about 1/4 of the way up instead of all the way down to zero.

i have tried fast trigger and off trigger as well instead of dbl trig

why isn't this working?

I cant use something in the mix and then not be able to turn it off.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:54 am

How do you have your modline setup? It's likely the way that you have your MIDI messages programmed, and not a case of the double trigger not working.
ineedhelp

Postby ineedhelp » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Yes, here it is.

The double trigger worked once out of the many times i tried it today. Does the gain need to be increased?

Also, is it possible to use a fast trigger with a high gain to set it to zero instead of a dbl trig? It would be harder to screw up.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 5.39.11 PM.png
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:09 am

Before I trouble shoot this I will need to know what exactly you are trying to do.
Is the double trigger meant to set a knob to 0? Toggle it on and off?
What is the pressure latch doing?
What software are you controlling?
I thought I had an idea of what you were doing, but after seeing your modline, and hearing your description, I'm not so sure anymore.
ineedhelp

Postby ineedhelp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:28 am

Ahh, sorry. :?: :arrow:

I am using ableton live. I want the pressure latch to control a knob and stop, of course, where I set it.

The double trigger is meant to set the knob back rolled to zero.

Is it possible to use a fast trigger instead of a double trigger?
I am having luck with the fast trigger setting things on and off only, but it's not working for me on knobs yet.

The double trigger isn't working so smoothly for me. I'm hoping there is something I'm simply overlooking with the fast trigger to be able to use it to set the knob back to zero?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:44 pm

It's all good!
Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 4.40.52 PM.png
I had good success with modlines setup like that.
You can get the double trigger to act funny if you send trigger it really quickly in succession, or you trigger it without wanting to. I was able to get it to behave with Macro knobs in Live just fine when I made sure to give ample time between interacting with the knob, and trying to reset it.
The Fast trig works really well, but it will always jump down to zero before ramping back up to the pressure value, which may not be an issue for you.

Let me know if these work out for you.
ineedhelp

Postby ineedhelp » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:04 pm

Thanks so much!

The fast trigger is working great!

I think it was simply not assigning the actions to same CC# :roll:

this will help me immensely
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Yeah I was going to mention that. You can't assign multiple CCs to one parameter, but you can assign one CC to multiple parameters.
Glad we could get this sorted!
ineedhelp

Postby ineedhelp » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:21 pm

One more question:

A few posts up I was asking about using the exp pedal, and it was stated that the exp pedal is autonomous over a modline.

I want to suggest making a separate box for the exp pedal in the advanced editor so that it can be used as it can only be used now (to roll to 127) without taking up a touchpad on the softstep. Then we would be virtually adding a pad to the interface, rather than taking one away out of the software?

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”