Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Powering Questions

Get help from other SoftStep users.
JES

Powering Questions

Postby JES » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:36 am

Hi Folks,

I'd like to use my Softstep (1) with the Eventide H9. The H9 is a class compliant MIDI host, so theoretically I should be able to plug the pedal right into the USB port on the H9. Except of course it doesn't provide power. Since we're talking about a pedalboard, is there any other way to power the Soft Step besides the MIDI expander or USB from a computer? I'm thinking here of running it from the same power source as my pedals, specifically the Voodoo Labs ISO-5. Does anyone know if there is a cable that would work for this purpose? Otherwise, I'll need to do the wall wart thing.
gilsy

Re: Powering Questions

Postby gilsy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Hi
To have the Softstep on a pedalboard without power from a computer, I use the MIDI Expander

http://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/accessories/
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:16 am

You can use any 5V USB power supply ran into the Expand slot on the SS to power the device.
I'm not sure if there is a 3.5 mm (the small circular power connectors common on effects pedals) to mini USB. Even then you'd still have to step the voltage down.
JES

Postby JES » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:37 am

Thanks for the replies. I realize I don't even really know the voltage requirements for the SS1. I have the MIDI expander but would rather not have the extra plug and cable on my board. But maybe that's the way to go.
luedmo

Postby luedmo » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi Jes
Interesting idea you have there!
Trouble is the USB end of the Eventide and the SS1 are the same.
I use the MIDI expander with a SS2 - it works OK
All best
:Lu

JES wrote:Thanks for the replies. I realize I don't even really know the voltage requirements for the SS1. I have the MIDI expander but would rather not have the extra plug and cable on my board. But maybe that's the way to go.
gilsy

Postby gilsy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:18 am

Hi
I use a midi expander on my pedal board.
I would like to power it from the 4-9V outlet of my pedal board power supply.
Do you know where can I find the adapter if it exist ?
Thanks

Return to “SoftStep Users' Help Exchange”