Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

quneo stopped responding to midi mapping ableton live

slatepipe

quneo stopped responding to midi mapping ableton live

Postby slatepipe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:45 am

hi - so i'm in the process of making an instrument rack with a load of samplers in ableton live, mapped to the pads on my quneo. i mapped each pad with x-y to a filter and pressure to volume. it worked fine. i went out to get some lunch and left it all on, when i came back none of the midi assignments responded any more. the mappings are all still there when i press ctrl M and i can see midi still coming in from the little squares in the top right. the quneo is still there as a device in the prefs and i still got it selected in the track as 'midi from'. i havent left it in coma mode either. i tried unplugging and replugging it. did a reboot... nothing. the samples still play when i press the pads but the filters and volumes dont move at all. i had a look at the quneo editor and whenever i touch the quneo with that open i get the message 'your quneo is in expander mode or you are using a rogue, connect it with a usb cable and make sure it isnt in expander mode'. wtf? it isnt a rogue, it's not in expander mode and it is already connected with a usb cable....can anyone help???

i also tried deleting all the mappings and doing them again but for some reason it this time it mapped with the same midi numbers for each pad, which is odd?

many thanks
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: quneo stopped responding to midi mapping ableton live

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:09 am

What operating system are you using? If you're on Windows, and you have both the editor and Live open, you will get the Rogue/expander mode message.
As far as you getting lunch having anything to do with your mappings not working, that's not very likely. Sounds like you may be in the wrong preset? If the mappings are still there, then you're just not sending the right CCs to control the parameters.
slatepipe

Postby slatepipe » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:28 am

:oops:

simple things....yes i was in the wrong preset. i must have accidentally switched when selecting coma mode

thanks for the advice though
zograme

Postby zograme » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:10 am

I just bought a QuNeo and am struggling with this very same error message in QUNeo editor ('your quneo is in expander mode or you are using a rogue, connect it with a usb cable and make sure it isn't in expander mode').
But does this mean that every time I'll be using Live and QuNeo editor at once, I'll get this message over and over? I'll have to shutdown live every time I'll need to use QuNeo editor?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:47 am

Yes, you will have to close Live every time you want to use the Editor, and vice versa, but don't blame us. Blame the silly MIDI implementation on Windows.
zograme

Postby zograme » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:05 am

I understand, but this also means I wouldn' have this issue on a Mac?
Anyway, would it be possible to use a midi bridge between the QuNeo and Live, such as loopMIDI?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:35 am

Macs do not have this issue.
Yes, you can use LoopMIDI for virtual MIDI ports, but I'm not sure how that would help, or what a 'MIDI bridge' is. You'd still have to close the Editor to connect it to LoopMIDI.
zograme

Postby zograme » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:11 am

Well, I was thinking of a way to have the QuNeo editor communicating with the device, and sending notes to Live via LoopMidi, so only one of the two softs would be connected to the QuNeo.
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Yeah, I see what you are trying to do, but you'd still have to connect the QuNeo to two applications, if it's Live or LoopMidi. If you were thinking of going QuNeo -> Editor -> LoopMidi, that wouldn't work. The Editor can't send MIDI data.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”