Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

Hitting Pad 7 turns kick off on logic pro X

ralph

Hitting Pad 7 turns kick off on logic pro X

Postby ralph » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi,

Just got my quneo. Installed editor. Opened logic. Created drummer track. Great I can play! However, as soon as i hit pad 7 (the hihat) then the kick stops working. Looking at logic, pad 1 is still triggering but the kick isn't working. I've checked al the levels, nothing is turned down. Changed all the CC's on pad 7, same problem. If i reload the preset on logic or chang drummer then the problem is fixed until i hit pad 7 again.

Can anyone help with this? I can't make heads or tails of why it is doing this...
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Re: Hitting Pad 7 turns kick off on logic pro X

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:21 am

Sounds like some MIDI message coming from pad 7 is muting the kick channel or something similar.
I know you said you changed the CCs, but be sure to save, and update (send) the preset.
Although, the CCs shouldn't have any default behaviors. CCs 41, 42, and 43, don't have any general functions attached to them.

When you say 'the kick isn't working', that's not very helpful for trouble shooting. It's not playing? It's muted? The sample gets deleted? the volume envelope has changed?
blueleaf

Postby blueleaf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:51 am

TheOtherSupport@KMI wrote:Sounds like some MIDI message coming from pad 7 is muting the kick channel or something similar.
I know you said you changed the CCs, but be sure to save, and update (send) the preset.
Although, the CCs shouldn't have any default behaviors. CCs 41, 42, and 43, don't have any general functions attached to them.

When you say 'the kick isn't working', that's not very helpful for trouble shooting. It's not playing? It's muted? The sample gets deleted? the volume envelope has changed?
Thanks for the reply :D

I did a firmware update and it seems to be working now :)

However, I'm now having problems with the sliders and rotaries. When assigned to anything in logic they just make the parameter jump around like crazy. I only have location cc's on the strips/rotaries and tried fixed and variable velocities. This also happens with the logic factory preset and file that ships with the quneo (i restored the factory presets from the editor). Any ideas?
TheOtherSupport@KMI

Postby TheOtherSupport@KMI » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:10 am

Probably mapping to pressure rather than location.
blueleaf

Postby blueleaf » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:50 am

I had to reinstall the firmware several times but it seems to be working properly now.

Return to “QuNeo General Discussion”