Due to inactivity, the KMI Forums are now READ ONLY.
Here are some helpful links you can visit to get more up to date information about your KMI products:

KMI Downloads
KMI Support
KMI Facebook User Group

K Pick?

Share your wishes for the future of KBow
Macciza

K Pick?

Postby Macciza » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:46 am

Hi
I have dreamt many a time of pick/ plectrum / whatever that would provide some of the KBow functionality .. .
Always plan to do so more development but never do so thoght I'd put the idea out there . .
Cheers
MM
KMI StringPort_1650, SoftStep_VK2 v1.2 & MIDI Expander; Mac_Moore Guitar,
Roland VG 8, 88 & 99, YamahaVL 70m; OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7 2.8G QC; MaxMSP 5.1.8, Ableton Live 8.2.2, M4L, SC3, QC, cSound, etc, etc,
Keith
Head Honcho

Re: K Pick?

Postby Keith » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:21 am

Hi,

There have been companies in the past who have made a sensor pick. It was never wireless and did not do much and was big. I have had good success with sensors in the guitar and will be pursuing this later in the year.

How horrible would a wired pick be to you?

Keith
Macciza

Postby Macciza » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:40 am

[quote="Keith"]Hi,

There have been companies in the past who have made a sensor pick. It was never wireless and did not do much and was big. I have had good success with sensors in the guitar and will be pursuing this later in the year.
How horrible would a wired pick be to you?
Keith[/quote]

Hi Keith,
I can't recall if I have seen pick system but have certainly seen many different 'almost' controllers.
I have thought a bit about what I might want/what might be possible in this way over the years. certainly some of the KBow functionality made it on the list. I have seen some open-source uni projects that would help.

As to the wired pick,i I would adapt I think; and given the potential cost of the hyper-pick you probably don't want to lose it, either. And that also provides a means by which you can remove as mec electronics as possible from the sensorpick - hmm a few more ideas - wheres that drawing board.

Cheers
MM
Roland VG 8, 88 & 99, YamahaVL 70m; OSX 10.6.8, iMac i7 2.8G QC; MaxMSP 5.1.8, Ableton Live 8.2.2, M4L, SC3, QC, cSound, etc, etc,
Keith
Head Honcho

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 am

A wired pick also makes triggering a little easier.

Don't be surprised when you here about some new projects with sensors later in the year - so keep your imagination going and let us know what you have on your wouldn't it be neat list...

Keith
vanceg

Postby vanceg » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:36 pm

While it's a little off from a true pick controller, there is the HotHand which you attach to your finger and you get a single controller value from it. Sure, true, not quite what we're looking for here...but might be worth checking out until Keith works his magic on a true pick controller ;-)

http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/hot ... dapter.php

They say later this year they'll have a USB stick that plugs into a laptop and receives signal from the finger worn controller, generating a single MIDI signal from it.

Absolutely useless for triggering...
Macciza

Postby Macciza » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi Vance
I know you from the VG forums, welcome to KMI's . . .

Yep the Hot Hands has been on the list of accessories to get for a while now . . .

I am more interested in positional / control info, rather than picking info anyway . . .

Look forward to more stuff in this domain . . .

Cheers
MM

Return to “K-Bow Feature Wishlist”